Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more

4 Points

So they moved the icons on the taskbar, ruined the maximize button, improved(maybe) the awful existing launch menu, curved the window manager and changed the number.
The only thing I see that’s unique to them, and not just copied from other desktop UI’s, is the ruination of the maximise button. :man_shrugging:

4 Points

I dont get it either, they promised Windows 10 will stay as a service and wont be replaced by a new os, and now this version seems like a Windows 10 summer update more than a new version. Maybe there is more under the hood, but I doubt startup and shutdown times or basic peformance will be affected by this build.
That said, I love new versions of stuff :grinning:

3 Points

I think they started to fuck up when they added that blue menu with the varied sizes of buttons and drop downs, and then the buried network and system settings… or was it the system registry? No I think it was probably the binary compiled files … it’s just a horrible system IMO.

2 Points

You can move the Windows 11 Start menu to the left side

Microsoft taking giant leaps into the future of operating systems.

oh no sigh GIF by BBC

1 point

Ok, so this might be a hint on why replace v10: https://appriver.com/blog/201706windows-10-source-code-leak-hackers-get-powerful-new-tool

3 Points

^^ Security through obscurity has always been a fools errand.

3 Points

3 Points

bump from the perpetual 90’s tech channel. lol

2 Points
c:\cd> windows
c:\windows>cd syystem32
c:\windows\System32>dir
c:\windows\System32> del *.*
c:\windows\System32> *.*. are you sure (Y/N)  Y

QED.

1 point

Been on Beta channel, not bad, nothing is broken
some luddites will cry about the start menu
My only complaint is I rather have taskbar at top, center or left makes no difference to me

1 point