What happens when your creation grows beyond your control?

Kapish?

1 point

Exactly this… in all my years, I have been open to hearing the other side, and will politely debate, never calling names.

In the majority of political debates I’ve been in, I eventually get called a white supremacist, bigot, homophobe, rapist, woman hater, and so on. Even after being called these things, I haven’t resorted to name calling.

If I hear a conservative saying things like this, I will call them out and tell them to shut it. This has happened ONCE where a liberal has stepped up and shut down his friend who was attacking me. I have a great deal of respect for that liberal friend. I have many liberal friends, they are like this guy. We discuss views as their liberal media never shows them the good things that the conservatives offer.

In fact, this liberal friend was getting tired of the “same old liberal” in power… Spend, tax, and never actually solve anything, then find a reason to bribe you for your vote(Biden offered $2000 for a vote). He asked what other parties offer. I gave the conservative platform and was attacked for daring to say things like “they will increase maternity pay for mother’s”, etc.

3 Points

Specifically in the states, the liberals that are the voice of the party have been in politics for over 100 combined years(likely closer to 200) and have done NOTHING to help the poor. The cities they “serve” get worse and worse, yet they are continually voted back in. Why? It’s clear they don’t give a shit about their constituents.

2 Points

And to note, this does not happen on T. We have heavily left and right members and we don’t sit here calling each other ist’s

1 point

Rarely in politics. Life experience is key. Seeing the repeating patterns of society the ultimate knowledge in politics.

1 point

There is a younger politician that is changing the name of a town because the current namesake at one point advocated for slavery…

Who ever they name it after now… In 100-200 years will just be another archaic asshole and they will change the name again.

1 point

This, In an ideal world everyone shares the same ideas? No, in an ideal world both sides have the ability to accept the other side can be right or at least find a compromise. I rarely see a leftist minded person adhere to this, both sides are the same to some extent,

BUT

(big but) Leftists famously suffer from terminal literalism, it is an affliction that divides not only ‘left and right’ but themselves as well. Once again if they do it everything is fine, but if the opposing side do it’s war for questioning their beliefs.

2 Points

Lowest common denominator

In mathematics, the lowest common denominator or least common denominator is the lowest common multiple of the denominators.

Top heavy fractions are no good.

1 point

“even Libertarians”

1 point