What Happens to the EU Budget when Britain Leaves?

The EU’s Budget Explained

I think France will drop next and the whole thing will tumble. Should have stuck with what those before Thatcher had in mind and not tried to make Europe into one state; it just wasn’t realistic.

2 Points

Netherlands, Brussels, Italy, Spain, France they’re all whispering, If the UK does even marginally well outside the EU (we will) I can see nations leaving with a ‘UK’ deal and nothing less. What will make it worse is how stubborn the EU are, it’ll destroy them.

1 point

What’s your prediction, country-wise? I think France or Greece. Le Pen is doing pretty well: POLITICO Poll of Polls — French polls, trends and election news for France – POLITICO

1 point

This rise is interesting too:

1 point

This article says Italy, France and Spain in that order:

1 point

I think as long as Le Pen isn’t judged/compared to her father she has a good chance of being elected and in turn France would have to be a safe bet to leave the EU. Monetarily and Militarily that would be such a colossal loss for the EU, I don’t think it could stand after that.

Less money, less jobs, more immigration, something has to give. It’s not the ‘right’s’ fault either. People need someone to blame it’s human nature, as personal wealth decreases tempers will rise.

1 point

1 point

It was always a fantasy. The only way the USSR made a state based system is through dictation, and the US was a clear palette (sort of) but the countries in Europe, for the most of it, aren’t under a dictatorship and are well established as individual countries in their own right with their own identity. I am still pro-single market and there are many collective ideas that they are right about, but they have forced their own issue by taking it beyond letting a country be its own entity.

1 point

Like Thatcher said, the € was a fallacy

1 point

Shirley both a single currency and a single market only work if the countries involved are of equal standing?

1 point

It was like being in business with a lazy partner who also wanted to take most of the profits, :thinking:

1 point

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1346977600095223809?s=21

I have just sat and watched the BBC report on yesterday, it was the most edited one sided load of tosh I think I’ve ever seen :download_1_: Don’t blame Murdoch, they are all at it.

1 point

Some of the CNN talking heads sounded like they were orgasming when reporting their fake news, pretty pathetic

1 point

It has nothing to do with news or politics, just spite.