RK 5000.0/R10 bucket chain excavator leaving the CSA lignite strip mine to a parking site above the mine after mining has ceased
100x to 300x time-lapse Jan/Feb 2017, Komořany (Ervěnice) - Czech Republic
- weight: 5600 t
- length 160 m, height 40 m
- max. power consumption: 9000 kW
- max. output: 4450 m3 of overburden per hour
- hydraulic movement system with 15,000 litres of oil
- six operators
- made in the ČSSR in 1983
- 3 general overhauls as of 2016
The one I came close to back in Serbia while I was studying was about 3200t in weight and had a continuous track for moving. It moved slower than a snail, but you get dizzy and uneven because it feels like a five storey building is moving towards you.
I’d love to see one up close, gloriously over engineered.
That could have been such a good movie, shame the SJW’s got to it.
It was a good movie imho, brilliant idea and awesomely executed.
shame the SJW’s got to it.
What happened there?