Frankie Boyle calls Ricky Gervais ‘lazy’

[color=red]I see that Frankie Boyle has taken a break from staring into the bleak woke abyss of his own career to lecture the multi-millionaire Ricky Gervais on his…[/color]

The Scottish comedian was the latest guest on Louis Theroux’s Grounded podcast for the BBC.

During the conversation, Theroux referenced Boyle’s TV comedy special Excited For You to See and Hate This, in which he took a swipe at fellow comedian Ricky Gervais over his jokes about trans people.

In the special, Boyle referenced Gervais’s own bit in his 2018 Netflix special Humanity, where he repeated Caitlyn Jenner’s dead name then suggested a trans person was like him “self-identifying as a chimpanzee”.

“My genuine reaction was, it’s not that much weirder than Ricky Gervais saying that he’s a stand-up comedian,” Boyle said in his TV special.

“I mean, look, we know Ricky Gervais, he’s a brilliant actor, he’s a brilliant writer, he’s not a fucking stand-up comedian! Just ‘cos Ricky Gervais self-identifies as a stand-up comedian, am I supposed to say that he is one? It’s fucking political correctness gone mad!”

“I thought his routine about trans people was very lazy,” Boyle told Theroux. “I would like him to have the same respect for trans people as he has for animals. I think that’s not a lot to ask.”

Later, when Theroux asked him about whether he felt culture was “too woke”, Boyle said he felt a lot of pressure comes from the right, who are “not genuinely offended by that stuff”.

Boyle agreed with Theroux that he was cancelled “before it was cool”, suggesting he was “almost repeatedly cancelled” while he was appearing on Mock the Week and his Tramadol Nights sketch show.

He also said the press have become good at taking jokes by a comedian and presenting them to an audience the jokes weren’t intended for, “to create a scandal”.

“People think context means, if you give me a second I can explain that to you,” he said. “But actually context means ‘you had to be there’…it’s actually quite complicated to explain.

“It’s that the press realised that is a story, a really easy, sometimes three-day story… sometimes they can get a week of headlines.”

https://ournaijanews.com/frankie-boyle-calls-ricky-gervais-lazy-for-trans-people-jokes-i-would-like-him-to-have-the-same-respect-for-trans-people-as-he-has-for-animals/

[color=red]Ricky Gervais signs Netflix contracts worth £25M.[/color]

[color=red]Frankie Boyle does podcasts with Owen Jones.[/color]

[color=red]Perspective.[/color]

2 Points

Oh Frankie… Scotlands answer to Jim Jefferies. fucking sell outs.

1 point

He was broke and begging on twitter a couple of years back, banned by the BBC and pretty much all UK telly…look at him now. Funny that.

1 point