EU ushers in brave new world of Big Tech regulation

1 point

Moreover, interoperability rules to allow users to communicate across different messaging services, such as WhatsApp and Signal, were also approved**.**

LOL what? That’ll be fun to implement.

3 Points

Something is starting, stay positive :slight_smile:

2 Points

I believe that’s called texting.

2 Points

Sending messages between Apple messenger, Telegram, Whatsapp, Viber, Snapchat, Hangouts, Line etc. is not merely text messaging. I’d think at the very least it would be somewhat complicated.

2 Points

Im just saying we already have texting. You can move all your texts to hangouts etc

1 point

Sort of, although you’d be surprised. I’ve had first hand experience getting one chat system to communicate with another and that was fairly straightforward.
The plan has been that they’re setting up a standard - apple aren’t particular compliant, of course.

3 Points

So I can send a jpg from Whatsapp to Android messenger mms for free?

or from Apple to Telegram?

…wait, who has my data now?

2 Points

Something is starting, been starting… and it scares the fuck out of me.

4 Points

Me. BOO!

4 Points

I agree, it is colloquial to force apps to communicate with each other, but most of the article is debating regulating big tech to stop force fucking their users.

4 Points
4 Points

But that’s Apple’s whole business model, force fucking their users

5 Points

I need that to be my business model… oh wait, were you being metaphorical?

2 Points

It’s an opt in connector in the code, rather than shared data, so it’s up to you if you want to send that data to them. They just create a connector and the information you send between gets stored on both databases. Telegram can keep their end to end encryption with this in place. You would have every choice to make a cross application message.

2 Points

Kamala Harris No GIF

3 Points
1 point

Damn 4chan!!!

Angry He Man GIF

1 point

This would be amazing, you could use all your whatsapp chats and contacts in Telegram/Signal without having to use whatsapp. Yes!!

2 Points

I don’t get why people use telegram. It is a disgusting app.

1 point