Tourism in 'New Russia'

2 Points

Very interesting. I can’t see a country giving up its borders though, nor someone going in and telling them how to do it, so I understand. I guess this is a worldwide fight for resources, on top of a country’s fight for itself?

2 Points

Looking at the above, from 1939, that was Poland giving up land to the USSR.

Crimea on the other hand, it’s pretty hard to call it! History of Crimea - Wikipedia

2 Points

Got to say though, this guy’s perspective on it is a bit skewed. He starts referencing Ukraine as from the second world war for starters. Dead Donbas kids are a direct result of the Donbas uprising. He failed to mention that that the ousted Ukrainian leader actually campaigned on a policy of pro-EU. The main bone of contention: Russian language being marginalised in Ukraine, and even that is disputable.

2 Points

ousted Ukrainian leader actually campaigned on a policy of pro-far left.

He did, until the far left came with their demands, like increasing energy costs for citizens. Russia’s deal was free trade, and open borders. No demands on dictating policy (at the time, like would come later).

2 Points

Sounds to me like everyone needs to stop being dicks, or that Ukraine are better off being actually independent

1 point

No one wants them to be independent. Well, no one at the top levels. Hence the EU.

1 point