The 2021 Northern Lights photographer of the year

Photographing the Northern Lights is an otherworldly experience.

There aren’t many events as moving as seeing the aurora borealis dance and illuminate the night sky with mesmerizing movements and vibrant colors.

To help you find inspiration for planning and executing your images, in this new edition of the Northern Lights Photographer of the Year , we present the 25 best aurora images captured around the world.

Buckle up because this trip is going to take you from the remote boreal forests of the Arctic to the far landscapes of the Southern Hemisphere, passing by spectacular frozen forests, volcanoes, mountains, and beaches along the way…always with the Northern Lights dancing in the sky.

4 Points

Seeing the aurora is something I want to so before I die. Seeing a tornado and a volcano is also on the list.

5 Points

I guess I just got to see an active volcano for that list for me.

4 Points

If the climate warriors are correct you may get to see them all, at once, sometime next year.

4 Points

We don’t see shit on the southern side of this ball…I need to travel then…haha

3 Points

Don’t know where you fall, but there are Southern lights as well as some amazing geology south of the equator in all three continents. Speaking of continents… how are Asia and Europe different continents? They are the same land mass.

4 Points

South Africa Bud, no lights here except the kitchen light going on wnd off…hahhaha

3 Points