Here we go again

Even before Boris’s statement this evening, half the teachers have fucked off already.

4th January 2020

Dear Parent/Carer,

I hope you all had a good Christmas break.

It is with regret that I am writing to you to inform you that due to substantial staff shortages expected tomorrow, on the grounds of health and safety, I have had to make the difficult decision that tomorrow, school will be closed for all pupils. This will be an emergency closure day to allow me to assess the staffing levels and put in place arrangements for children of critical workers and vulnerable children to have on site provision from Wednesday.

The plan is that remote learning will be available for all children from tomorrow until further notice. Your child’s class teacher will communicate with you directly about how this will work for your child’s class. In the main, children in Years 1-6 will be provided for via Google Classroom, and Year R through Dojo.

From Wednesday, we will only be open to children of critical workers or for those children deemed as vulnerable. Please use the links below to decide if you meet the criteria. Only children that fall into these categories will be considered for a place and we may ask for proof of employment before offering provision under the critical worker category. This is because we want to ensure that all our community is safe and the more children there are on site, the less safe it becomes. I appreciate that not everyone will be happy with our final decision but they will be made to ensure we can all be as safe as possible. As previously, if your child can be safely looked after at home, and can access learning in whatever form, then they should remain at home. Blah blah blahdy blah…

Funny Face Lol GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia