Antique Sulfuric Acid Milk Fat Tester [Restoration]

This restoration is on a 1903-patented Babcock tester made by the Creamery Package MFG. Co. of Chicago, USA. You can view the original patent here: https://patents.google.com/patent/US7… This tool arrived completely seized, but with no known broken or missing parts, other than the original glass vials known as babcock bottles. Surprisingly, during the de-rusting process, the original blue paint showed up. Blue painted tools of this era are relatively rare and I was way too excited about it. I even had chunks of the original blue finish sent off for analysis with preliminary results suggesting the blue colour comes from natural cobalt. As per usual, I decided to sensually brassify most fasteners. Near the end of the video I explain how milk, sulfuric acid, and this machine work together to allow almost anyone to test the milk fat percentage from their cows. Spinning almost pure sulfuric acid at a high speed in fragile glass bottles very close to your face really makes you think about your life choices.